Front-End Performance: Building Faster Websites With Harry Roberts
Wednesday, November 20, 2019.
It’s good for users, it’s good for accessibility, and it’s good for business. But why are modern browsing experiences so slow? If technology is getting better, why are websites getting slower?
In this workshop, we’ll take an in-depth look at:
- How the network really works, and how to design around it;
- How to keep websites fast whilst keeping clients and stakeholders happy;
- How to optimise our assets for faster delivery;
- How to trick the browser into delivering assets with different priorities;
- How to measure and profile performance wins and losses;
- A whole host of tips, tricks, and techniques to help us deliver the same experiences in record times;
- A bunch of fascinating little factoids and trivia which help shine a light on what’s really going on under the hood;
- How to prepare for the web (and its users) of tomorrow;
- Lots of naughty little micro-optimisations, just for fun;
- And a lot, lot more.
What skills do you need?
This workshop is targeted at intermediate to advanced front-end developers, web designers, and software engineers, or anybody who writes code. There will be resources and case studies for you to take back to non-technical stakeholders to help convince them of the power of performance.
What hardware/software do you need?
You will need a laptop, and something for making a lot of notes.
About Harry Roberts
Harry is an award-winning Consultant Performance Engineer from the UK. With a client list ranging from the United Nations to Google, the BBC to the Financial Times, he has helped some of the world’s largest organisations make their websites faster.
- 10:00 AM
- Doors open
- 10:15 AM
- Morning Session
- 01:00 PM
- 02:00 PM
- Afternoon Session
- 05:30 PM
- The End
Lunch, drinks and snacks are included. The workshop will be taking place on Wednesday November 20, 2019 at The Desk in Causeway Bay.
If you have already bought a conference ticket and would like to buy a workshop ticket, send us an email for a bundle discount!